If you own a business or planning to set up one then you must know that no business can run smoothly unless it has a good set of software applications running and efficient web services which contribute in feeding the machine tirelessly behind the scenes. To run a business well, you require a lot of code for creating and storing documents, getting teams to work together, staying on top of the email to keeping books.
Some of the Basic Tools
To set up a company you want to have the best quality applications and at a reasonable price too. Some of these applications are mentioned below which can benefit anyone who owns a middle size business or a small size business.
- For managing the finances, you must have accounting software. There are lots of such software available in the market. Some are very easy to use. So, if you are a non-professional then it can be helpful for you to transfer your books from the filing cabinet to the computer, where they belong. It can help in cutting a check or billing a customer.
- Backup and recovery are very important for any business. You must back up all the files on a daily basis. But if you store it in some external hard drive then there is always a high chance for it to get lost. Rather it is preferable to use an online backup service so that whatever all your files are automatically archived. You just have to select the files that you want to back up; rest will be taken care by the online service.
- For keeping the potential customers updated about the company and its products, you can have a blogging tool installed. Software like Word press can be installed which is very easy and simple to use. Both you and your team will be happily contributing to the blog posts since it is not at all laborious.
- You can use software for collaboration which can help in hosting an internet session that will benefit colleagues who are scattered. They shall be able to work on a project together in real time. There are many great features that such software offers like one can upload a document to share it with others for having a discussion and even desktop can be shared. Also, designs can be created from scratch. For using some of this software, even registration is not required.
- You need a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) that can help to manage the tracking leads and the sales process. Also, it will ensure that in a timely fashion all the follow-ups are done. It is quite vast so you will need some patience and training. It has a set of exhaustive feature and the prices are also very affordable.
- For any business, its backbone is the database. It is essential that your team gets access to the database. Usually, databases offer high-end features like capabilities of web publishing easily and SQL data source support.
- You will come across many business tools that are used for E-Commerce services. It is capable of processing credit card and sales tax collection. You will be provided with templates and wizards too. This is a good and the quickest option if you have plans to sell a lesser number of units.
- You need an industry standard email application like Outlook. You can also go for such similar applications if you want to save some bucks. Some of these applications offer a contact manager, a to-do list; an impressive calendar and an integrated document manager so that notes can be taken quickly.
- You can use multiprotocol software for instant messaging so that you can communicate with your team as well as your client at a time without any need to open separate applications. Instead, you can communicate through IM services with more than a dozen users.
- Not to neglect the fact that your business requires protection from various viruses. Thus, you must have a solid antivirus package which can provide security for all the personal computers and protect your files, mail servers and rest of the central services.
- Social networking is also a great business tool as it helps to find contractors, employees and service providers. Your potential clients can interact with you directly.