Cloud computing has become a necessity for all types and sizes of businesses. As a result, Cloud providers are working overtime to provide tools that will enrich the cloud computing experience for the user. The tools are designed to help you manage, store and monitor your data. The use of these tools will see a significant reduction in the budget allocated for computing by any organization.
There are several players in the markets from newcomers like Cloudability, Dynatrace, Cloudyn, RightScale to seasoned players like Microsoft and Google. The aim of all these tools is to optimize resources, cut costs and integrate and manage all instances.
Here is a list of the top cloud computing tools that will help you manage your business more successfully.
1. Microsoft’s Windows Azure
The name Microsoft suffices to tell you about the quality of the tool and the kind of support you can expect from Microsoft. Azure is a cloud integration platform and Microsoft has ensured that it is compatible with other operating systems; as a result, you can play a Linux based android app on it. The biggest advantage of Azure is:
- is its scalability feature which can be customized to suit the growth of your business
- Can be used to build a hybrid environment
- Very affordable
- Keeps data secure
- Backups 6 copies in two different data centers thereby ensuring that your data is always available.
2. Open Stack
Open Stack is an infrastructure as a service or IaaS cloud computing tool that gives its users control over various instances. This tool is ideal for anyone who wants to build either a public or a private cloud. One drawback here is that there is no virtualization software.
This cloud source platform aids in building data centers; Wal-Mart, PayPal, and many other successful businesses use an open stack for managing their data center. In open stack computing, networking and storage are all present on a single platform. Advantages of this tool are:
- Scale both vertically and horizontally
- Compatible with various third-party tools and SDKs
- It requires multiple levels of authentication making it very secure
- Compatible with Amazon Web Services
- A powerful dashboard allows you to monitor and manage your storage, networking, and users.
3. Amazon EC2
Amazon EC2 is a public cloud computing and comes with its own advantages and disadvantages. This tool is easily scalable and allows for growth and also allows an easy switch between various categories. The EC2 gives you full control of all your computing resources. In addition to that, it reduces the time required to boot new servers significantly. It also provides the necessary tools for developers to build applications. And the best part is that you pay for your actual usage and not the proposed usage capacity. Thus its advantages are:
- Easy scaling depending on your needs
- Complete control on all your instances
- You can select your own CPU, memory and instance storage
- Secure, inexpensive and easy to start.
5. Google App Engine
Google App Engine is a combination of infrastructure, software, and platform; therefore it is called platform as service or PaaS. On this platform, you can build mobile backend and also scalable web applications. You can write applications and also develop and test them with the SDK tools present in it. It is free for a certain amount of storage; you can top up for additional storage. Its advantages are:
- It uses Google’s infrastructure for security and privacy
- Auto-scaling as required
- Matches the performance and reliability of Google
- It is not dependent on the platform, as a result, all your data can be shifted to any platform without a problem.
Thus with the Google app engine, you can develop maintain and scale fairly easily.
You can choose cloud computing tools depending on your usage. Some people want only monitoring while others want tools for the provision or for both. There are a plethora of tools to choose from. Most of the cloud computing tools are suitable to a variety of cloud types, provide reports on your present status which includes response time and uptime and delete unnecessary storage and apps. Depending on your cloud deployment you can choose tools that are suitable and efficient.